Top Tips for entering CRN Sales and Marketing Awards 2019
- Decide which categories you are going to enter and read the criteria fully before starting your entry. The criteria tell you everything you need to know about the award and the types of company it is covering. It also tells you what information to include. Remember these awards cover the UK market ONLY.
- Make it personal. When writing your entry - keep it concise and remember the word limit - don't ramble and include loads of marketing/corporate speak - imagine you are telling a story. Try and inject some personality and life into the award and make it interesting to read. Think of how it will look visually as well - would you feel inspired to read huge blocks of text if you were a judge? Think about what would make your entry stand out from the crowd.
- Make sure your entry actually fits the description of the award category - If you are entering the Technology Innovation Award for example, please make sure it describes why the product is innovative and how it is helping your channel partners. Don't just talk about speeds and feeds and describe the product itself. Make it relevant to CRN's audience.
- Always include facts and figures - if you are making a claim about one of your teams being the best at something - back that claim up with something tangible. It helps put it into context.
- Resellers - explain what value you have provided to your end user customers through your entries- why are they using your company, what do you offer them that nobody else can? What have you done differently that makes you stand out from the crowd?
- Distributors - explain what value you are providing to your resellers and vendors and why they continue to work with your different teams. Don't feel ashamed to shout about your success.
- Vendors - Please keep your entry UK relevant - these awards do not cover other territories, so any programmes, events, websites etc must be relevant to your UK partners. Injecting some passion and personality into entries is always welcomed by the judges. Please don't just cut and paste from corporate websites.
- Testimonials - include testimonials - resellers these should be from your customers, distributors from your resellers or vendors, and vendors from your distributors or resellers (not end users). Again make sure the testimonials are interesting to read and are not full of corporate/marketing speak and keep them short and to the point.
- Don't just submit the same entry in different categories - if you don't have the time to spend on tailoring multiple entries, focus on just one and make it a winner! The judges do penalise those who just submit the same entries in multiple categories.
- PDF or video entries - feel free to submit a PDF or video entry if it is easier. But remember the word count still stands with PDF entries. Also, videos must be NO LONGER than FIVE MINUTES. Any videos going beyond that time may not be viewed by the judges.
- Please limit or completely avoid attachments. One attachment only - multiple attachments will not be read. The judges prefer everything to be included within the entry to save their sanity.
- Entry guidance points. Don't feel you have to answer each criteria point in order - they are just there as a guide - as long as the points are covered, it doesn't matter what order you address them in.
Thanks for entering the CRN Sales and Marketing Awards 2019. Best of luck with your entry!
A handful of our Sales and Marketing Awards judges discuss why the awards are so important for the industry, why they enjoy being part of the panel, and what they are hoping to see in this year's entries
With just nine weeks to go until the deadline, now is the ideal time to start planning how to craft a winning entry
If you have any questions about the 2021 Sales and Marketing Awards, hopefully they will be answered below. Some of the answers may be a little tongue-in-cheek, but we all need a bit of humour in our lives, right?
It is with great pleasure that we can announce that the CRN 2021 Sales and Marketing Awards are now open for entry
Have a look at all the categories available to enter in this year's Sales and Marketing Awards
Vendors report quarterly figures and claim PC sales boom will continue long into 2021
Node4 is new owner of Starcom Technologies
Neil Martin to take over form long-standing incumbent David Brooks
Nearly 90 per cent of firms expect to increase their adoption of cloud services in 2021, according to new data from the Cloud Industry Forum