Below are the criteria for the General categories:
Best Channel Marketing/PR Agency
Who can enter? This category is open to all firms that class themselves as independent channel marketing agencies. This can be specific marketing teams, or specialist channel marketing/PR firms. Any projects/successes discussed in the entry must have taken place between Jan 2020 to Jan 2021. Images and screenshots can be included in this entry to illustrate points.
- Please illustrate your size, set up and no. of channel customers
- Please provide a case study of how you have worked with a vendor/channel partner to deliver a successful marketing project (MUST be channel related)
- What do you think makes you stand out from the other agencies out there and why you should win this award?
- Has the Covid pandemic changed how you work with channel customers? Please explain how if applicable.
- Have you done anything quirky to help your channel customers achieve success? If so please explain
- Can you provide stats and figures to prove the success of the campaign?
• REQUIREMENT: Please provide a testimonial/testimonials from channel-relevant partners within the entry itself
Written entries must be no more than 1,000 words, and try to think about the judges when composing them. Use plenty of spacing, bullet points and paragraphs to construct your entry to make them easier on the eye. PDF and other multimedia entries are encouraged, and you can add personality to your entry too to make it stand out. If you are submitting a video, please keep it to FIVE minutes or less. Videos longer than five minutes may not be watched in full.
Best Sales/Marketing Recruitment Specialist
Who can enter? Any firm that is defined as a recruitment specialist and works specifically with the UK channel. This can be a channel-focused division of a larger recruitment company, or a dedicated channel recruitment firm. Any projects/successes discussed in the entry must have taken place between Jan 2020 to Jan 2021.
- The skills gap is the number one problem many tech firms are facing. Describe how your company is helping the channel plug that gap and which areas you are concentrating on - ie sales/marketing, vertical sectors or across the board.
- How has the pandemic affected the recruitment process? Please explain how you dealt with the challenges.
- Tell us about your company, its people and how long you have worked within the channel. Give the judges an idea of how your staff work with the channel - what is your company ethos and character? Who are your star employees and how do you motivate them? Where do you recruit your people from?
- How do you go about attracting new blood to the channel given that the industry is so short on skills? Do you have any particular initiatives/recruitment events (obviously online due to Covid) to attract people from outside the industry?
- Are you doing anything in particular to encourage more female sales and marketing job applicants?
- What have been the biggest challenges of running a channel recruitment firm?
- REQUIREMENT: A testimonial from a channel company - this can be a reseller or distributor, or from a channel team at a technology vendor.
Written entries must be no more than 1,000 words, and try to think about the judges when composing them. They must be UK RELEVANT. Use plenty of spacing, bullet points and paragraphs to construct your entry to make them easier on the eye. PDF and other multimedia entries are encouraged, and you can add personality to your entry too to make it stand out. If you are submitting a video, please keep it to FIVE minutes or less. Videos longer than five minutes may not be watched in full.
To enter the awards, click here.
With just two weeks to go until the 2 July deadline, CRN catches up with some past winners of the Channel Awards who share their own words about why the event is important to them, what winning means and why more companies should bite the bullet and submit...
With less than one per cent of venture capital (VC) funding in the UK going to female entrepreneurs, yet with one in four women are trying to launch a new business since the pandemic, action is needed to address the balance, petition founder urges
Ahead of the 2 July entry deadline, CRN catches up with some of our Channel Awards judges to discuss their top hints and tips for creating the best entry, why the awards are absolutely not a fix, and what you should avoid doing at all cost when creating...
Some Tongue-in-Cheek questions and answers to why you should enter the awards this year
Below is the full list of categories to enter in this year's Channel Awards
Partner content: 'In-house IT teams are shrinking which presents a huge opportunity for MSPs' - Q&A with Dropbox
Tom Baker, partner sales manager at Dropbox UK, gives his take on the challenges - and opportunities, facing MSPs as they begin their Covid recovery
UK-based Opal Wave specialises in SAP enterprise performance management
Manchester-based public cloud transformation specialist will join forces with UKFast as Inflexion takes majority stake
UK passes 'major milestone' as number of tech companies valued at $1bn hits 100, according to new data
Research from Tech Nation and Dealroom says the UK has joined the US and China as the only nations with 100 tech unicorns