Below are the criteria for the General categories:
Best Channel Marketing/PR Agency
Who can enter? This category is open to all firms that class themselves as independent channel marketing agencies. This can be specific marketing teams, or specialist channel marketing/PR firms. Any projects/successes discussed in the entry must have taken place between Jan 2020 to Jan 2021. Images and screenshots can be included in this entry to illustrate points.
- Please illustrate your size, set up and no. of channel customers
- Please provide a case study of how you have worked with a vendor/channel partner to deliver a successful marketing project (MUST be channel related)
- What do you think makes you stand out from the other agencies out there and why you should win this award?
- Has the Covid pandemic changed how you work with channel customers? Please explain how if applicable.
- Have you done anything quirky to help your channel customers achieve success? If so please explain
- Can you provide stats and figures to prove the success of the campaign?
• REQUIREMENT: Please provide a testimonial/testimonials from channel-relevant partners within the entry itself
Written entries must be no more than 1,000 words, and try to think about the judges when composing them. Use plenty of spacing, bullet points and paragraphs to construct your entry to make them easier on the eye. PDF and other multimedia entries are encouraged, and you can add personality to your entry too to make it stand out. If you are submitting a video, please keep it to FIVE minutes or less. Videos longer than five minutes may not be watched in full.
Best Sales/Marketing Recruitment Specialist
Who can enter? Any firm that is defined as a recruitment specialist and works specifically with the UK channel. This can be a channel-focused division of a larger recruitment company, or a dedicated channel recruitment firm. Any projects/successes discussed in the entry must have taken place between Jan 2020 to Jan 2021.
- The skills gap is the number one problem many tech firms are facing. Describe how your company is helping the channel plug that gap and which areas you are concentrating on - ie sales/marketing, vertical sectors or across the board.
- How has the pandemic affected the recruitment process? Please explain how you dealt with the challenges.
- Tell us about your company, its people and how long you have worked within the channel. Give the judges an idea of how your staff work with the channel - what is your company ethos and character? Who are your star employees and how do you motivate them? Where do you recruit your people from?
- How do you go about attracting new blood to the channel given that the industry is so short on skills? Do you have any particular initiatives/recruitment events (obviously online due to Covid) to attract people from outside the industry?
- Are you doing anything in particular to encourage more female sales and marketing job applicants?
- What have been the biggest challenges of running a channel recruitment firm?
- REQUIREMENT: A testimonial from a channel company - this can be a reseller or distributor, or from a channel team at a technology vendor.
Written entries must be no more than 1,000 words, and try to think about the judges when composing them. They must be UK RELEVANT. Use plenty of spacing, bullet points and paragraphs to construct your entry to make them easier on the eye. PDF and other multimedia entries are encouraged, and you can add personality to your entry too to make it stand out. If you are submitting a video, please keep it to FIVE minutes or less. Videos longer than five minutes may not be watched in full.
To enter the awards, click here.
If you have any questions about the 2021 Sales and Marketing Awards, hopefully they will be answered below. Some of the answers may be a little tongue-in-cheek, but we all need a bit of humour in our lives, right?
It is with great pleasure that we can announce that the CRN 2021 Sales and Marketing Awards are now open for entry
Have a look at all the categories available to enter in this year's Sales and Marketing Awards
Please do have a read of these tips - they really are there to make the entry process a lot easier!
Everything a reseller needs to know about entering the 2021 Sales and Marketing Awards
Softcat, ANS and Bytes among over 3,000 suppliers named to new Digital Outcomes and Specialists framework
'Intel still has its best days in front of it' - Gelsinger unveils plans for chip maker's resurgence
Chipmaker’s incoming chief exec outlines his priority areas on earnings call to investors
UK giant reported strong demand from the public sector and services customers for its Technology Sourcing products
Malware appears to be contacting Russian servers, claim teachers