Below are the Ts&Cs for the 2021 Channel Awards. The Coronavirus Pandemic has had a serious impact on businesses around the globe. CRN understands that, and please feel free to explain how the crisis has affected your business in your entries. There are also special categories this year to reflect the innovation and generosity shown by all sectors of the industry during the crisis.
- All products and services must be available in the UK ONLY.
- It is FREE to enter the CRN Channel Awards, and winners will be announced in November.
- Companies entered must have been trading in the UK for at least 12 months prior to the entry deadline.
- Projects/programmes must have been completed between July 2020 and May 2021.
- You may enter one or more of the categories but MUST stick to the 1,000-word count. PDF entries and/or video entries are strongly encouraged but not mandatory. Please think of the judges when laying out your entry and try to avoid blocks of text.
- ONE entry per category ONLY. If a company enters the same category with different business units, it will not count.
- All material submitted will remain strictly confidential to the judges.
- Descriptions of submissions from winners and finalists may be published in connection with the Awards. Entrants may, however, mark certain sensitive parts of their entry 'not for publication' such as exact budget figures/financial results etc.
- The judges reserve the right to move entries to different categories if appropriate.
- The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entry not meeting the expected standard of entry.
- The judges' decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into before or after the judging.
- Incisive Media is not liable for any costs incurred by applicants in the evaluation and judging process.
- CRN reserves the right to scrap categories if they are not sufficiently entered.
- Entries not made through the online submission system will not be accepted.
- Shortlisted companies will be notified in advance of the presentation of the awards.
- The winners and judges commended of each category will be announced on Awards day; under no circumstances will the details be disclosed before that time.
- No entry will be read by someone from the same peer group - for example a distributor will not judge another distributor, a reseller will not judge another reseller, a vendor will not judge another vendor.
- CRN is not obliged to provide feedback on individual entries that have either not made the shortlist or won an award.
- If you enter the ‘big five' awards - Reseller of the year (£101m+)/Reseller of the Year (sub £100m)/Vendor of the Year/Distributor of the Year (£250m+)/Distributor of the Year sub £250m turnover - and are shortlisted - you are agreeing to EITHER submit additional information to the judges in the form of a presentation on the second face-to-face judging day if this is allowed depending on the Covid situation, OR submit an extra video to the judges detailing why you should win over the shortlist competition. (More details/updates will be provided throughout the year).
- Please stick to the deadline - it is there for a reason so the judges have enough time to read through them and Incisive has enough time to prepare all the materials needed for the awards. Please ensure your entry is received BY THE CLOSING DATE WHICH ISFRIDAY2 JULY 2021.
- The Awards are scheduled to take place on Thursday 11 November 2021.
Some Tongue-in-Cheek questions and answers to why you should enter the awards this year
Below is the full list of categories to enter in this year's Channel Awards
Some handy hints and tips to help you create that winning entry
Have a read through the criteria for this year's General categories and also find out how the editor's choice categories will work
Our first judging day was held earlier this week and we are now able to reveal who has made the shortlist for this year's Sales and Marketing Awards
Rob Tomlin speaks to CRN about the launch of APEX and how he sees partners benefitting from as-a-service
Channel boss Andy Martin says rebate is simple and achievable for partners
Cybersecurity firm says the move provides “immediate scale” by broadening US offering
Raghuram has been with VMware since 2003 and will take over on June 1