- Ross Reith, Multisoft channel director, is to leave the company?s UK offices. Reith is going to Australia to set up a distribution channel for CS series product for the Far East and Australia.
- Celestica International Holdings? purchase of Design to Distribution has been finalised. The planned sale was announced at the beginning of January. D2D was previously part of ICL.
- A study from PMP Research indicates that IT spending on personnel departments is seen as a low priority. IT systems in HR departments were found to be typically used for functions such as payroll.
- The internet cafe chain Cyberia has opened an outlet in Bangkok.
- Acer is to start hosting a series of jargon-free radio phone-ins to give IT advice. Two BBC local radio stations have signed up to take part so far.
- David Manovich has returned to Apple as worldwide sales manager. Manovich replaces Marco Landi, who left last week, and will be selling into corporate, educational and consumer markets.
- Cad vendor Visio International has bought selected assets of software developer Boomerang Technology. The $6.7 million deal sees Visio acquire source code and other assets.
- Bytech Systems is to become the first worldwide master reseller of IBM software products. The agreement is due to come into effect on 1 April.
Vendor's announcements include AI-powered Microsoft Office, a move away from password verification and an alliance with Adobe and SAP
Vendor claims hackers are hijacking machines to mine for cryptocurrency
Nearly half of SMBs are planning to invest in digital workflows to reduce their paper-based processes by 2025, according to Quocirca
The charter has pulled together the biggest names in tech in an unprecedented attempt to address the tech industry's lack of diversity. Tom Wright asks how it plans to do it