- The final spec for the Net PC will be delivered in time for Cebit on 19 March.
- Tempo has taken on Olivetti?s Xana PCs in all of its outlets.
- Compaq has beefed up its SME marketing team with Adam Denton joining from Motorola and Steve Torbe from Elonex .
- Dave Stokes has been promoted to head of UK national sales at Samsung Electronics just a few months after joining the world?s largest monitor manufacturer from Powell Stokes Communications, the Weybridge-based company which he co-founded in 1989.
- Scottish video and communications dealer McMillan UK has acquired the 25-year-old, Preston-based presentation systems company TWS. It now has branches in 11 cities.
- Lynx Technology, the Derbyshire corporate dealer, has opened a 24-hour helpdesk, giving worldwide cover for remote takeover, diagnostics and management of customer PCs, servers and networks.
- The newly relaunched Commodore Computers has signed Comet as its first UK retailer and appointed Softbank PSC to deliver technical support.
- Midwich Thame has won a contract to distribute Pace networking products.
- Steve Sawkins, a director of Hammer Distribution, has left the company.
Neil Sawyer claims he has 'never seen so many conversations about a new method of investing in workplace technology'
Infrastructure provider says international sales now make up 51 per cent of its revenue
Suzanne Chappell of TMS plans sailing venture after selling Oxfordshire-based TMS to acquisitive Chess
Withdrawal of credit insurance by some providers a 'reflection' of current challenge facing IT sector, according to MD Steve Soper