There may be over two million apps available in leading app stores, but if there's one app you download this month, Microsoft wants it to be its Device Lookup reseller app.
As arguably the most influential vendor in the UK channel ecosystem, the onus is on Microsoft to ensure staff at its partners have instant access to the industry and product information they need to make an impact with clients.
Open to any partner with an MPN Id, it is the first ever app to combine the latest tech news and video content with a device finder and information on products and training, according to Microsoft.
The app is designed to keep partner reps constantly updated with the latest industry news, Microsoft products, and sales and marketing tips.
For road warriors aiming to impress clients, the app will be like having a PA, techie and marketing expert simultaneously feeding information to your fingertips, Microsoft promises.
- Microsoft and industry news and rich video updates delivered in real-time
- An easy Device Finder offering a quick view into the latest Windows devices
- Partner promotion updates so you always benefit from the latest offers
- Product and marketing knowledge from sales tips and cheat sheets to comparison charts, flyers, emails and call guides for Office, Windows, Windows Pro and Windows Server
- Marketing syndication through the relaunch of the DCCN network, helping you promote our products and services on your website
- Easy registration for our free training and industry events
Asked to expand on the thinking behind its launch, Sidhra Qureishi-Akhtar, OEM marketing manager at Microsoft, said partners often struggle to retrieve the information at the ease and speed they require.
"Our app not only consolidates the latest news and industry information, but also provides its users with the latest in training materials and event information," Qureishi-Akhtar said.
Partners with an MPN Id will be granted access all areas to the app, while limited access will be provided to those with no MPN Id.