UKFast founders Lawrence and Gail Jones have "exited the business" after existing private equity backer Inflexion upped its stake.
Inflexion invested in the business in December 2018, after then-boss Lawrence Jones decided against a mooted floatation.
Jones departed as CEO last year following sexual misconduct allegations published by the Financial Times and was replaced by his wife as CEO.
In a joint statement on the sale the two founders said: "We chose Inflexion initially because of their track record growing businesses and are confident we're leaving UKFast in great hands."
The pair were removed as directors from UKFast on Companies House today (11 May), along with enterprise managing director Jonathan Bowers.
A press release on the UKFast website said that Inflexion has upped its stake in UKFast from 30 per cent to 75 per cent. It did not provide any further information on who owns the remaining 25 per cent.
Inflexion also has an option to acquire Jones' cybersecurity business Secarma, which announced a tie-up with acquisitive security provider Shearwater last year.
Acquisition expected to bolster storage company’s desktop virtualisation capabilities
Acquisitive IT procurement and services firm builds out presence in APAC
QBS acquired the majority of Zedsphere last year
Connect IP joins group following 12-year partnership
The acquisitive MSP has agreed to a deal which will see it bought by housing specialist MRI Software
German VAR sees surge in demand for home office solutions amid ‘extremely unfavourable’ conditions in March
Jay McBain outlines how three COVID-19 scenarios Forrester is modelling could hit the channel
Zoom In: 'Most people have time to work together for a while' - IT Lab boss on acquiring two weeks before lockdown
Peter Sweetbaum says public sector spent on IT is accelerating