Printer vendor TallyGenicom is poised to take advantage of Hewlett-Packard's (HP) decision to close its Newcastle service centre.
Robin Edwardes, managing director EMEA of TallyGenicom, said:"It is a shame to see the market leader reducing its local commitment to customer support and service, when all our indicators suggest that the provision of quality local service is as important as cost of ownership for business users of laser printers.
"However, it is good news for us. I see this an opportunity to pick up some disgruntled HP customers that value quick service. TallyGenicom has its own engineers. It can offer a dedicated team of professional support staff across the country. Virtually all our competitors have outsourced their engineers. Providing a good, quick service and fixing the product the first time is what customers want."
HP confirmed that its technical support for UK consumers, previously provided by Twenty4help, is to be moved to another HP support centre based in Chennai, India. "HP will continue to use Twenty4help, based in Newcastle, for pre-sales enquiries or customer service issues which do not require advice from a technician," the vendor said in a statement.
"The changes will take place in two phases: 60 per cent of the technical support calls will move across in August and the remaining 40 per cent in November. This decision is not a reflection of the standard of service provided by Twenty4help, but rather a need to run our business as cost-effectively as possible," HP said.
Businesses also admit to holding data without permission of subjects
Zedsphere says end-point security vendor's offerings will be a 'key' feature of its wider portfolio
New acquisition will bring UK cloud service provider's global headcount to over 700
Law firm claims that Oracle lied to investors over what is driving its cloud revenue growth and boosted sales through 'threats and extortive tactics'