Miriam Murphy and Graeme Watt are among the Avnet executives that have been rehoused in the new-look Tech Data European leadership team following the completion of Tech Data's Avnet takeover.
Murphy (pictured) has been assigned senior vice president and regional managing director for the Benelux region having previously been VP for northern EMEA at Avnet; while Watt will be senior vice president of Tech Data's Value division having previously been Avnet's EMEA boss.
Value is built up of the combined businesses of Azlan and Avnet's Technology Solutions; Datech and Maverick; along with Tech Data's cloud and IoT divisions.
Tech Data's Andy Gass has retained his position as UK boss of the newly combined company.
The announcement comes after Tech Data announced former Avnet TS global boss Patrick Zammit would be leading Tech Data Europe as president, reporting to global COO Rich Hume.
Zammit said: "I am looking forward to exploring new opportunities to engage with channel partners and vendors across Europe. We are bringing together two businesses with a mutual commitment to providing a world-class customer experience. My focus will be to ensure that our partners benefit from the broader and differentiated portfolio of IT solutions now available from Tech Data."
Tech Data completed its $2.6bn acquisition of Avnet on Monday, when it announced top bosses for the European, APAC and Americas regions.
Speaking of Zammit's appointment as European president Hume said: "Patrick has expertise in managing both value-added and broadline distribution businesses within intricate markets.
"He is known as a passionate leader with the ability to deliver market-leading results. I am confident that Patrick and the outstanding leadership team that we have assembled will successfully guide Tech Data Europe into the future."
The full European executive board, led by Zammit, is as follows:
- Alain Amsellem - senior vice president and chief financial officer, Europe
- Michael Dressen - senior vice president and regional managing director, Germany and Austria
- Jonas Elmgren - senior vice president and regional managing director, GEO*
- Andy Gass - senior vice president and regional managing director, United Kingdom and Ireland
- Pascal Murciano - senior vice president and regional managing director, France
- Miriam Murphy - senior vice president and regional managing director, Benelux
- Stephen Nolan - senior vice president, Broadline, Mobile and Services
- Johan Vandenbussche - senior vice president, Operations
- Graeme Watt - senior vice president, Value (includes the combined businesses of Azlan and Technology Solutions, specialist brands Datech and Maverick, along with Tech Data Cloud and Tech Data Smart for IoT)
- Simon England - senior vice president, Next Generation Technology (includes cloud, big data - analytics and cognitive, IoT, security, education and services)
- Carlos Arcusa - vice president, Human Resources
- Michael Fischermanns - vice president, Information Technology
- Hugo Graça - vice president, Global Computing Components EMEA
- Roman Rudolf - vice president, Integration
Struggling security titan makes three board appointments after investor took 5.8 per cent stake last month
Commvault ousted its CEO in May and has since undergone a radical refocus
As employees demand more flexible working environments, CRN asks how the channel is adapting to the changing working landscape
Wall Street less than impressed with Oracle's growth as cloud numbers remain hidden